Sunday, January 8, 2012

What carburetor should I get: Edelbrock or Holley?

I have a 1968 Chevy Impala with a 327 in it and it looks like I may need a new carburetor so I plan on putting a new one and I'm not sure which to get... I love the look of the edelbrock over holley.. any thoughts.... everything is stock in the car and it has a powerglide tranny if that matters. thanks for the help|||Ive run them both and they perform well. Right now i use the Holley Street Avenger on my car with no problems. Go with the smaller cfm rating carb, usually a 600- 650 cfm runs well with stock engines under 300hp.


good luck......|||If 4bbl carb go with original and get rebuilt. much less maintenance and better gas mileage, and wont have to change intake manifold. But if stuck on one of the others get edelbrock, holley poop.|||Anybody concerned with quality will tell you Edelbrock.|||edelbrock is the way to go. thats what i use on my vette

No comments:

Post a Comment