Thursday, January 19, 2012

Which is the better carb for my vehicle holley or edelbrock?

i have a 1981 chevy truck with a 305. the motor has a mild cam and headers. i also have a 2000 rpm stall speed converterWhich is the better carb for my vehicle holley or edelbrock?
Edelbrock is basically a Holly.Which is the better carb for my vehicle holley or edelbrock?
Talk to both tech support lines and match to the intake manifoldWhich is the better carb for my vehicle holley or edelbrock?
Edelbrock is a more reliable carb, requires less tinkering. Holley is more suited to the weekend racer guys.
This is a classic Ford or Chevy question.

I have used both Holley and Edelbrock. I am running a 460 with many, many modifications. My Holley gives me great throttle response and tons of power, but it sucks down fuel. The same size Edelbrock gets better fuel mileage, but not as much power.



The Holley gets 11 mpg, and the Edelbrock gets 18 mpg.



The Holley carbs are also notorious for fuel leaks.



If you just want to buy one and never have to do anything to it, I would recommend the Edelbrock. If you don't mind replacing gaskets and setting floats, get a Holley.



Hope this helps you some.

No comments:

Post a Comment