Thursday, January 12, 2012

For all the gearheads, Holley or Edelbrock Carbs?

I have a '71 F100, 390, Edelbrock heads %26amp; intake, holley 650 double pumper. I am thinking about switching carbs since I heard the Edelbrock is easier to tune. What are the pros and cons of each one? Also, how big can I go with my motor, ie a 750?For all the gearheads, Holley or Edelbrock Carbs?
Edlebrock are easier to tune and require less maintance, and they will stay in tune.. A Holley is a touchy carb that requires constant attention to readjust. But both are good carbs. It's really about personal preference. This is the experience i have had..
As a owner of a '69 f100 with a 390 I've had both, and the Edelbrock was the easiest. The Holley was constantly needing tuning were as the Edelbrock I tuned just once. The Holley was more responsive, but for the street it wasn't important to spin my tires every time I took off. I ran a 600 and it was always rich so I went to a 750 and that helped. The gas mileage still stinks though.For all the gearheads, Holley or Edelbrock Carbs?
Don't go with either. Both these units have cast bodies, and being cast, they are subjected to all sorts of porous surfaces which can restrict fuel flow - your best bet would be to get a Berry Grant "Street Demon" carb for your truck. They've got billit fuel metering blocks, they're as easy to tune as a Holly (pull the bowl, change the jets, or power valve, etc) And they're not as expensive as you'd think.
I prefer Holleys mostly because of the aftermarket support. There's hundreds of parts and pieces I can get to tune my Holley and if I get stuck, there's usually someone nearby who knows how to fix or adjust it. There's a reason all those race cars use Holley carbs.For all the gearheads, Holley or Edelbrock Carbs?
i drag race so for all out power and a hard hiting 4bbl i use holly, but on street cars I've had both. they both performed well i perfur holly but i well say the edelbrock stayed tuned and operated better in cold weather.i think your safe with the 750 edel the holly mite need jeted down. theres less fuel leaks and daily adjustments with edelbrock. holly parts are easy 2 find and cheap, easy 2 install.with a warmed up engine do a full throttle run white plugs go biger dark smaller
  • car stereo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment