Thursday, January 19, 2012

Edelbrock carburetor not working correctly?

My car wont run unless I pump the accelerator it wont idle or stay at a certain rpm. I rebuilt my carburetor and adjusted the floats because the carburetor was flooding my engine. Its a 600 cfm edelbrock carburetor about 4 years old. The engine is brand new just installed into my car. Every thing on my mustang is brand new from fuel pump, fuel lines to transmission and motor. The car is a 1982. Nothing is used all brand new.Edelbrock carburetor not working correctly?
you need to adjust the idle screws on the carb if you didn't do it, let the car warm up and turn idle screws in all the way until they lightly seat then back each one out 1.5 turns, hook up a tachometer or a vacuum gauge and then turn each screw in or out until you get the highest reading on the gauge and their set, next set the idle screw on the carb where the linkage hooks up to about 900 to 1,000 RPM.Edelbrock carburetor not working correctly?
did you adjust air mixture screw out 3 turns an do you have cock set right an bas idal set

No comments:

Post a Comment