Sunday, January 8, 2012

Which is better? A Holley truck avenger or the Edelbrock thunder off road?

I do actually intend to take my truck off road and play around climbing, not rock crawling but i need something that will hold up and not shut me off when i go alittle steep. The Holley has info and the edelbrock doesnt. so what am i going to be better off with? THANKS ALOT!!|||The Holly avenger carbs. are one of the best things I've seen come along in many years. They pretty much all are great out of the box with no adjustments. On the other hand I have known many fellow motor heads to fool with an Edlebrock for ages before giving up and buying a Holly.|||I do not know much about Edelbrock I have been using Holley for years and am very happy with their performance.





http://muddingtrucks.blogspot.鈥?/a>

Report Abuse


|||Here's my $0.02, for what it's worth. I don't know much about the Holley, but...





Several years ago I had a Carter AFB carb (essentially the same carb as Edelbrock) that had the off road float springs and other certain parts. I didn't like it at all, it worked okay on-road but off road was another story. Eventually, I found a decent GM Quadrajet, rebuilt it and have been driving on it ever since. This was on a 73 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4. In a ground up build of a 74 Chev. 1/2 ton 4x4 I didn't consider any carb other than a Q-jet.

No comments:

Post a Comment