Sunday, January 1, 2012

What size edelbrock carburetor would replace my factory fomoco 1968 289 mustang?

it is all factory, and the ford motor company 2 barrel carb just keeps giving me trouble. i want the car to start every time, ma bye a little added performance, but not as important. anyone know the edelbrock part # i should order?





thanks!|||Get your autolite rebuilt here:


http://www.ponycarburetors.com/default.a鈥?/a>


They can solve the flat spot that some of the carb have as well..





The Autolite is the most maintenance free, robust carb for your pony providing it's properly rebuilt. Do this and you won't have to jerk around with the linkage changes, air cleaner changes, kickdown rod, etc.|||Yes I do know the part #. Summit has a direct replacement Holly carb for your 289. The original carb was of Autolite manufacture. Back in the days, the Holly was considered an up-grade. The same holds true today.


Summit part #HLY-64-5101....$194.69





Could you answer for me? Why did you not perform a search of your own? The Summit site is very easy to use. I don't get it.





I hope this info helps.|||I had a 221 engine in a 1962 Fairlane. In order to keep it stock looking but to get more punch, I substituted a Fomoco off of a Ford 352.


If you like to "trick" the casual eye, think about it.|||Call edelbrock. After a very few questions, they'll send you exactly what you need. Great company.|||go with came with it a 2 barrel i replaced mine with a holly 2barrel

No comments:

Post a Comment