Sunday, January 1, 2012

How do I disable my computer on my 1987 Monte Carlo SS in order to run an Edelbrock Carb?

I want to do away with my old computer controlled carb on my 1987 Monte Carlo SS and replace it with an Edelbrock Carb. Will I have to disable the entire computer in order to run a non-computer controlled carb?|||I don't know about your Monte Carlo, but on my AMC Eagle, there is a way to disconnect the wires to the carb and it will not function with the computer any more.





I would check on some Monte Carlo Forum and see what others have done, if they have.


here's one


http://www.montecarloforum.com/forum/





and onother, I am sure there might be more..


http://www.montecarloclub.com/





On my Eagle, I just took the whole computer out, all it was doing was adjusting the gas to the carb anyway, so once I bypassed it, I just went and took it out all together. It had nothing to do with the ignition. But like I said, I don't know how your 87 Monte Carlo is set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment